Yerevan, 27 – 28 September 2017.
At the invitation of the Intellectual Property Rights Center of Armenia (IPRC), the employees of KISTERSKY IP Law participated in the Scientific and Practical Conference “Practical Issues in the Sphere of Intellectual Property of the National, Regional and International Character”.
Attorneys and patent attorneys from Armenia, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova, Georgia, Russia participated in the conference.
Within two days, the conference participants presented reports and panel discussions on practical and theoretical issues of legal protection of intellectual property and protection of copyright.
Opportunities for communication offered by the organizers served as an excellent platform for establishing new contacts, exchanging views, experiences, and useful practical recommendations on the practice of protecting intellectual property rights in various jurisdictions.
The main topics of the conference:
- The importance of a specialized IP court or specialized judges in area of IP.
- Protection of rights of right holders and consumers against piracy and counterfeiting products.
- Domain names, trademarks and unfair competition. Borders between own rights and violation of the rights of third parties.
- What degree of protection should a well-known trademark have?
- Similarity of trademarks to the degree of confusion and trademarks capable of introducing misleading the consumer about the product or its manufacturer. What should be more important from the point of view of providing protection and offense?
- Problems of copyright protection in the field of public performance of musical works.
- Problems of qualification examinations for the attestation of patent attorneys. Preparatory courses and programs for professional development.
The issues raised aroused considerable interest and lively discussions among the participants of the conference, which showed the high relevance of the selected topics. We note the well-chosen composition of the conference speakers.
In addition to the time allotted for communication within the framework of the regulations, the conference participants had the opportunity to continue communicating with the speakers in a relaxed and informal atmosphere.
The patent group “KISTERSKY IP Law” expresses its sincere gratitude and deep gratitude to the entire staff of the Intellectual Property Rights Center of Armenia, the participants of the conference and personally to the President of the Council of the Center Sarkis Knyazyan for the high level of organization of the event, joint work and friendly atmosphere conducive to productive communication and establishment business ties to effectively represent the interests of our customers.