"PRACTICAL ISSUES IN THE FIELD OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OF REGIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL CHARACTER"
Yerevan, August 15 – 16, 2018
Patent attorneys of KISTERSKY IP Law took part in the conference “PRACTICAL ISSUES IN THE FIELD OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OF REGIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL CHARACTER” held in the beautiful and sunny capital of Armenia, the city of Yerevan.
Lawyers and patent attorneys of Belarus, Ukraine, Bulgaria, Armenia, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Moldova, Georgia, Russia participated in the conference.
Within two days, the conference participants presented reports and panel discussions on practical and theoretical issues of legal protection of intellectual property and protection of copyright.
Opportunities for communication offered by the organizers served as an excellent platform for establishing new contacts, exchanging views, experiences, and useful practical recommendations on the practice of protecting intellectual property rights in various jurisdictions.
The main topics of the conference:
- Domain names, trademarks and unfair competition in the countries of the conference participants.
- Early termination of protection of trademarks in the countries of the conference participants.
- Fight against counterfeit products and piracy in the countries of the conference participants.
- Legal regulation of the exhaustion of rights to trademarks (international, regional and national exhaustion of rights) in the countries of the conference participants.
- The introduction of trademarks in the customs register in the countries of the conference participants.
- Judicial practice in the consideration of cases of suspension of parallel imports on the customs frontier in the countries of the conference participants.
- Specialized courts, judges, arbitrations or other bodies for resolving disputes in the field of intellectual property in the countries of the conference participants.
The topics discussed at the conference were very relevant, and representatives of all the participating countries conducted lively discussions on them, sharing their experience in these areas.
In addition to the time allotted for communication within the framework of the regulations, the conference participants had the opportunity to continue communicating with the speakers in a relaxed and informal atmosphere.
The patent group KISTERSKY IP Law expresses its sincere gratitude and deep appreciation to the staff of the IPRC, the participants of the conference and personally to the President of the Council of the Center Sarkis Knyazyan for the high level of the organization of the event, the joint work and friendly atmosphere conducive to productive communication and establishment of business ties to effectively represent the interests of our clients.