Kiev, October 13, 2018
Lawyers of KISTERSKY IP Law attended an event held by the High School of Advocacy of the Ukrainian National Bar Association in honor of the Intellectual Property Day.
The event was attended by the practicing patent attorneys, experts, court experts, lawyers in the field of intellectual property rights, Alexey Gashitsky the Representative of the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine, Nikolay Pototsky the head of the organization for the protection of rights and consideration of citizens’ appeals and others.
Main topics of the discussion:
- The system of legal protection of intellectual property. Legal aspects of the Appeals Chamber of the Ministry of Economic Development.
- The fight against counterfeit and pirated goods.
- Forensic investigations in the field of intellectual property.
- The Calculation of losses for violation of intellectual property rights.
- Criminal liability for violation of intellectual property rights.
- Protection of intellectual property rights at the customs border.
- Early termination of the certificates for goods and services.
- Fixation of information and the formation of the evidentiary record.
- Prevention of intellectual property violations using the Internet services in the pretrial order.
- The Unified Domain Dispute Resolution Policy.
During the event, the current litigations were discussed, as well as the problems of the “patent trolls” and possible solutions for them.
In the 1st stream, which is related to the global Internet, the following issues were considered:
– early termination of the certificate for a mark for goods and services: practical cases;
– recording information and forming an evidentiary record in cases of violations of intellectual property rights using the Internet;
– elimination of intellectual property violations using the Internet in the pretrial order;
-unified domain dispute resolution policy: aspects of application.
(the identifying of the appropriate defendant in domain name disputes in the light of the implementation of the new European policy on the protection of the confidential data. Possible stages of the development of the intellectual property field to perform better protection of the rights of intellectual property owners were also discussed.)
In the 2nd stream, which relates to certain aspects of the protection of the intellectual property rights, the following issues were considered:
– the recognition of trade marks as well known in Ukraine;
– the collective management organizations: new rules of activity;
– the practice of protecting intellectual property rights in the Appeal Board of the National Center for Intellectual Property and in the courts of the Republic of Belarus;
– the Recognition of Invalid Intellectual Property Rights in a Judicial Procedure: Practical Aspects (M. Potocki as a speaker)
The KISTERSKY IP Law patent group expresses sincere gratitude to the organizers of the Intellectual Property Day event which was held at the High School of Advocacy of the Ukrainian National Bar Association, as well as all its participants for the experience that will positively affect the provision of services to our clients.